I was feeling a bit cross with myself for completely breaking my spending ban on sewing supplies in the past year. But looking back at my 2018 resolutions post, I did manage to tick quite a few goals – which has cheered me up!
I learned how to piece curves, and did lots of foundation piecing. My Vintage Home BOM quilt is two thirds complete. I tried dyeing fabric with natural materials which I enjoyed, although I don’t think it’s my thing.
In 2019 I would like to
- Do more improv piecing
- Finish my Vintage Home quilt top, and piece the back (squares of Liberty lawn)
- Make an Oodalolly quilt – have just started cutting strips
- Stitch some more of my Pollinate Quilt – it’s epp so I’m not putting any deadlines on this!
- Make some clothes
- Blog once a week
All to be made from my stash as far as possible.
To help with the clothes-making part of my resolution I’m joining the #makenine challenge and here are my picks.
- Lingerie and swimwear patterns – Watson (Cloth Habit), Grace (Ohhh Lulu), McCalls 5400
- Leisure/sports – Knot Maste Yoga set (Fehr Trade), Hudsons (True Bias)
- StyleArt Ariana dress, True Bias Ogden Cami, Megan Nielsen Brumby skirt
I hope you have a very Happy New Year!