Today is day 100 of The 100 Day Project – I did it! I challenged myself to cook a new (to me) recipe every day for 100 days.
To celebrate the final day, I’ve created my own recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches.
100g soft brown sugar
120g coconut oil in solid form
200g plain flour
50g cocoa powder
half teaspoon baking powder
50g chopped dark chocolate (or chocolate chips)
200g full fat cream cheese
150ml double cream
Preheat the oven to 200 C
1. Beat the sugar and coconut oil together (I use a food mixer, but you could use a wooden spoon).
2. Add the beaten eggs and mix
3. Mix in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt – adding a little at a time. You should have a smooth, pliable ball of dough.
4. Mix in the chopped chocolate.
5. Roll into balls, flatten slightly, and place on a baking tray.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes. The cookies will still be soft – you want them to be quite ‘cakey’ in texture, not crisp.
7. Cool on a rack
8. Whisk the cream and cream cheese until stiff. Use to sandwich together pairs of cold cookies.
This has been an incredible, inspiring project to take part in. If you’d like to see more the hashtag on Instagram is #the100dayproject.