I decided this week to remake the first pattern I made successfully – as in, actually wore! – the Colette Jasmine.
I definitely had beginners luck the first time round, especially with my fabric choice, which was a slightly sheer vintage flower print with a bit of stretch. It worked without any alterations, which was very encouraging. I was even fortunate in not stay-stitching the neckline, as I liked the lower v-neck when it stretched. Told you I had beginners luck!
This time I used another vintage print which I bought as a bolt, with it’s original label still attached.
I lowered the neckline by an inch at the front (to get that stretched out effect) and attached the sleeves flat so I could serge the seam edges. I also took it in a little at the waist and hips.
I love this top. The bias cut gives such a flattering line.
It was fun to go back in time – and here’s the first version I made in 2012.