Our neighbours, who own the farm that surrounds our house, gave us some beautiful tomatoes this week. Very ripe, and need to be used NOW! This tart is a great way to use them.
Packet of ready rolled puff pastry
Jar of pesto
- Unroll the pastry and lay on a baking sheet
- Score the pastry around the edge with a knife – don’t cut all the way through. This will produce the raised edge of the tart.
- Spread with pesto (I use the whole jar)
- Thickly slice the tomatoes and lay in rows over the pesto.
- Bake in a hot oven (around 200 C) until the pastry is golden brown and the tomatoes are soft.
- Eat! Leftovers are good reheated the next day.