I think my cunning plan to make the top I wanted to buy has worked!
I used the body from the Colette Jasmine pattern, with the sleeves from the Burda Style book shirt. I originally planned to keep the puffy sleeve top from the shirt, but it looked weird in this Liberty lawn, which is rather crisp. So I made the curve at the top of the pattern piece more gentle. I also reduced the width of the cuff.
I lowered the neck line by 3 inches (hussey!) and used bias binding instead of the collar. My favorite short sleeved Jasmine is the one I made from a slightly stretchy fabric (by mistake, obviously). The neckline stretched out, and I like the way it looks.
I’d like to try making this with a more drapey fabric. I like this one, but it doesn’t work too well under a cardigan.
I’m pictured beside my corner of Mill Street Crafts in Sidmouth (Devon, UK). I work at the shop one day a month as part of my shelf rent. This month I spent the day ironing and folding fat quarter squares for display – surprisingly relaxing!
My inspiration – the Zara tops.